Giveaway: Serious Drawings
Last week I mentioned the happy news that I have an extra new-in-plastic copy of Serious Drawings by Marc Johns to give away to one reader of Creative Perch.
There are so many ways to conduct a giveaway. I think I’ve re-written the rules for this one about three different times. Instead of sending out a special code via Twitter, or picking the third commenter, I decided to keep it simple.
Even though Marc has been publishing his work on Flickr for several years, I’m a recent fan, and I’m convinced more people need to hear about him. Therefore, here are the contest rules:
- Visit Marc’s Flickr photostream.
- Choose which one of Marc’s illustrations is your favorite.
- Tell us why you chose it and post a link to the image in the comments. (If you need help with this, email me at dee at creativeperch dot com).
- Then, on Friday morning, I will select one commenter at random to receive the book. I’ll send the winner an email as well as announce it here.
- When the winner emails me back with his or her mailing address, I’ll ship the book.
A couple of notes, because although it may be obvious, this is my first giveaway, and I just want to be sure:
- Let’s be fair. If there are a lot of commenters, I’ll use Random.org for the drawing. If there are under 10, I’ll put your numbers in a bowl and have my husband pick one.
- To the winner – Please do not post your physical address in the comments. That’s just not safe.
- I will not share your email address, physical address, or any other contact info with anyone, ever. Because that’s just wrong.
Good luck! And have fun exploring! I think you’ll really enjoy Marc’s illustrations.